New Tenants before occupation
When looking to rent a property through Elders Real Estate Toongabbie we follow these procedures:
- If you’ve found an available property for lease that you believe suits your needs submit an enquiry online to register for property and inspection updates. Registering will provide all necessary information including the available date, property features, lease terms and details regarding open inspection times and steps on how to apply for the property.
- If you have registered and find the open inspection times unsuitable contact our office for private inspection times subject to availability. Please note all inspection times are subject to staff and property availability. Inspection times are limited for tenanted properties and requests may not be able to be accommodated.
- If interested in applying for a property please follow the application link sent after registering for the property and after attending an inspection. Please note only 2Apply online application forms are accepted. Please ensure that a separate application form is completed for every occupant over 18 years of age. Applications will not be processed until all are received. The application form details all required documents including 100 points ID, financial support document and property history.
- Once a complete application form is received we endeavour to have them processed within 24-48 hours. Please note delays are possible due to lack of responses received from employers and previous agents providing references, lack of sufficient information or supporting documentation or if a large amount of applications are received for a single property.
- If your application is approved you will be advised by telephone and emailed instructions for the next steps. Once you have received approval you will be required to pay a holding deposit of 1 weeks rent to our office within 24 hours to enable us to hold the property off the rental market for you.
- Please note a Bond of 4 weeks and an additional week in advanced is required prior to signing a tenancy agreement. Tenancy Agreements are signed Monday to Friday only and all lease holders must be present for the lease signing
- If you have any difficulties or circumstances that prevent you from following our office procedures please call our office on 9896 2333 for alternate arrangements.
Once you have moved in
- You are required to sign and return your Condition Report to our office within 7 days after making any necessary alterations.
- All rent is to be paid in advance we have zero tolerance on rental arrears and reserve the right to make contact with you regarding this on a regular basis.
- You may be required to pay the water usage charge for the metered amount of water you use. We will forward you a copy of the water account when payment is required. If there is not separate water meter for your premises as is the case with most blocks of units water usage will not be charged.
- We will conduct regular routine inspections of the property during your tenancy for which you will be given a minimum of 7 days notice. There can be no more than 4 inspections in any 12 month period.
- We strongly recommend you obtain contents and public liability insurance during to cover you for any unforeseen events during your tenancy.
- All repair requests are to be in writing – other than Urgent repairs (as specified by your Residential Tenancy Agreement), you will be provided with various methods to report repairs at your initial sign up appointment.
- When the time comes for you to vacate the premises please ensure you give adequate notice as specified in your Residential Tenancy Agreement.
For further information on any Residential Tenancy matters please refer to New Tenant checklist (you will be provided with a copy at commencement of your tenancy) or to your Residential Tenancy Agreement. You may also gain information on 13 32 20 or NSW Office of Fair Trading website https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au